After a 14-year, $22 million restoration and rehabilitation, the Mansion is now open to the public as a museum. It also serves the citizens of California as the state’s official reception center for leaders from around the world.
The Leland Stanford Mansion is a stunning example of the splendor and elegance of the Victorian era in California. On your tour of the 19,000-square-foot Mansion you will see:
• 17-foot ceilings
• Gilded mirrors and exquisitely detailed carved moldings
• Beautifully restored woodwork
• Elegant 19th century crystal and bronze light fixtures
• Historic paintings
• Re-created carpeting and draperies based on photographs from the 1870s to
match the original interior design
• Original period furnishings that belonged to the Stanfords.
• 19th-Century style gardens
Sacramento4Kids is an online family resource guide for kids within the Greater Sacramento area. From Events, Arts & Music, Birthday Parties, Camps, Child Care, Classes, Deals, Discounts, Schools, Field Trips, Health Providers, Kids Eat Free venues, Places To Go, Sports, and for Special Needs children.
9245 Laguna Springs Dr.
Elk Grove CA 95758