The Carnegie Museum is housed in Roseville's first permanent library. The building was constructed in 1912 with brick and terra cotta from Gladding McBean in nearby Lincoln and granite from Rocklin. Roseville labor built the structure on the land donated by Roseville businessman A. B. McRae. The original cost of the building was $12,500.
This library, like many others built during the early part of the century, was funded in part by Andrew Carnegie. The Women’s Improvement Club helped to raise the remainder of the funds and their efforts were matched by funds from the City of Roseville. It was Roseville’s first permanent library.
The Funnest Little Place in the Land
Sacramento4Kids is an online family resource guide for kids within the Greater Sacramento area. From Events, Arts & Music, Birthday Parties, Camps, Child Care, Classes, Deals, Discounts, Schools, Field Trips, Health Providers, Kids Eat Free venues, Places To Go, Sports, and for Special Needs children.
9245 Laguna Springs Dr.
Elk Grove CA 95758